Tuesday 24 January 2012

Shahrukh Khan's Rivalry with Mr Perfectionist





Shahrukh Khan is a newsmaker, be it the controversies or the spats with fellow actors, friends and even politicians, this Khan loves to be in the news and it seems that our scribes also love to write and capture every bit of his life.

The Aamir Khan-Shahrukh Khan rivalry is still one of the hottest topics to be discussed in the media. Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan in 2009 had created a stir by writing in his blog that his dog named Shahrukh licked his feet. Well, Shahrukh had wanted to give him a fitting reply but was held back by Gauri. Thereafter, in an interview with a leading newspaper he'd said: "Hum log hum umar hai — main, Salman, Aamir. Aur hum jab milte hain toh is se bhi ajeeb batein karte hai. (All three of us — Salman, Aamir and me are the same age and when we meet, we talk stranger stuff than this.) I have to take it with a sense of humour and I do have a sense of humour. If i can do it with others, then I should accept it."

This was not the first time when the actors were involved in a tug-of-war. Aamir had taken a potshot at Shahrukh again when the "Chak De" hero had claimed that he was No. 1 in the industry and declared himself to be the biggest brand other actors want to associate with. "You take the biggest brand in the country that is SRK and then use that platform to publicize yourself. I think Aamir rocks. The problem is that I cannot use another brand because there is no one bigger than me," SRK had said.

Aamir had retorted by saying "I remember him (Shah Rukh) saying that he was joking about calling himself No. 1. I find it very funny as I have never seen anyone proclaiming themselves as No. 1. Not Sachin Tendulkar, not Lata Mangeshkar, not Vishwanathan Anand. I am saying all this in a lighter vein too. But Shah Rukh's sense of humour suddenly disappears when it comes to me."  That same year Aamir's Ghajini had released and it was a huge hit at the Box Office and Aamir was named as the year's most powerful Bollywood personality by Filmfare. Therafter, Aamir had taken a jibe at Shahrukh and said: "I would like to ask Shahrukh, how it feels to be No.2" Shahrukh did not take it lightly and he said that he would speak to Aamir because he didn't say he was number one in arrogance but with a sense of humour and humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment